- Category: Latest Updates
- Friday, 07 December 2012 16:03
ETW STAFF – New Delhi
Union minister for tourism, K Chiranjeevi informed the Rajya Sabha that the Ministry of Tourism has undertaken the following steps to focus on the tourism potential of (including religious spots) the north eastern region:
- Releasing television campaigns on various TV channels.
- A separate section on the North Eastern region included on the promotional website of the Ministry of Tourism www.incredibleindia.org.
- Publicity material produced and distributed widely through Indiatourism offices overseas.
Some of the projects are : in Andhra Pradesh (Tawang/Ziro/Malinithan in Lekhanali/ Rukhmininagar/ Parshuram Kund in Lohit district); Assam (Tawang/Ziro/Malinithan in Lekhanali/ Rukhmininagar/ Parshuram Kund in Lohit district); Manipur (Kaina/ Jiribam/ Moreh/ Thoubal/ Senapati/ Kakching/ Ningthoukhong); Meghalaya (Matri Mandir Shillong); Mizoram (Baptist Church); and others in Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Poll reveals 73% Indians want to fly 'Gangnam style' on New Year
- Air France celebrates three million passengers on its A380